Friday, March 28, 2008

March 11

Today is Gotcha day for all the other families. We are so glad we didn't have to wait this long to get Marie! While all the other families went to collect their kids, Jeremy and I went shopping at Church Hill Market. This is essentially where all the tourists go to get touristy kind of stuff. We bought a traditional dress for me, and one for Marie, as well as some banana leaf pictures and some scarves. I kind of wanted to look around and see what all is available before I bought. I was surprised at the market, as I thought we would really be accosted and pressed to buy. Proprieters invite you into their stalls/stores and they will show you items, but it is fairly low pressure. You don't feel a lot of pressure and people aren't shouting at you from all directions. All in all it was a pretty good experience. I will post some pictures of some of the items we bought, but I have to take the pictures first ;-)

No comments: