Wednesday, December 19, 2007

7 Month Birthday

Yesterday marked baby Marie's 7 month "birthday" and the passing of the second month we have had our proposal! We are really happy, but also sad that we could not share it with her. I am still hopeful that her 10 month "birthday" will happen in Canada. :-). I'm still holding out for travel in February. I also found out yesterday that choices, (via kids link) has a new African program out facilitating adoptions in Zambia! http://www.kids-link.ca/country_zambia.html. This is wonderful news. Choices also mentioned that they are working on Ghana program. Kids Link was not available when we began our process. They are still providing referrals quicker than CAFAC and people who signed up as much as a year after we did already have their children home. Even now, having our child proposal this is hard to accept. It does not seem fair. I tell myself that I have to accept that things happen for a reason, but it is still hard. I am always happy to hear when families recieve their proposals, but I find myself struggling to be pleased for families going through kids link when I hear about how quick it went. This is an illogical feeling, but still very real for me. Having said that, CAFAC has been nothing but fabulous to us throughout the whole process. Their tenure in Ethiopia, gives me confidence in their process. I also know 100% that they always operate in the best interests of the children. From that perspective, I cannot recommend them enough. I also appreciate the fact that the directors, have very real, personal experience with the process; they are adoptive parents from Ethiopia as well.

No comments: