Sunday, November 11, 2007

New Stuff

Until we found out how big/old she was, I tried to hold off buying things for our little one... I satisfied my cravings with window shopping. Since then somehow I have developed a magnetic attraction to stores for little kids... I can be shopping for groceries and mysteriously find myself in the clothing section... and then in the baby section... and then in the baby girl section... I have found some cool little things though. We have found a little soft photo album to put our pictures in and send to the CAFAC foster home. Hopefully the staff will have some time to show her the pictures and let her play with the book. I have also bought a baby carrier. It is pretty awesome. It can hold a kid up to 40lbs (which begs the question: why would you want to carry a forty pound kid?) front, back or on the hip. Yesterday we took a reprieve from working and went to Royal Roads to play with the kids. They had a blast and when Paul got tired I was able to piggyback him in the carrier. We just have to be careful that he doesn't think its for HIM! It worked awesome though. Much less strain then other ways of hauling around a kid who is really big enough to be walking :-). The other bonus is that it is compact which will make it easy to take with us. I also have found a kids cd of music from Africa including some from Ethiopia! Its really neat, the kids like it and so do I. And then of course there's the clothes... I enjoyed shopping for each of the boys when they were born, but not nearly as much as I have enjoyed shopping for our daughter. Some of my friends bought little outfits for me for my birthday knowing that I would love that way more than anything for me. I don't quite have everything she will need, but I am probably pretty close!

No comments: