Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Feeding the developers

Leah has been baking cookies for me (Jeremy) to bring into the office and making meals for sale. We're doing this to raise funds for the adoption. It's daunting, sometimes, to look at all the expenses we're going to incur and remain optomistic. The response has been awesome. People seem to love the cookies. And why not? They're got that special ingredient, sugar, that makes them so addictive. I won't tell you what the other addictive ingredient is :) Today we brought in all the fixings for burritos. It was a bit of a slow start but they went fast. One thing that I really enjoy about working here at Merc...the people here are always willing to support others. I know it happens at other companies, but it provides a sense of belonging. In other news, we sent out a note to friends and family asking for support and to 'sponsor a mile' between Victoria, B.C. and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, a distance of about 9400 miles. Once again, we were blown away by the response. I think we have about 8200 or so of those miles covered! If we have to, we can walk the rest of the way. Trust me though, I would rather not.

No comments: