Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Thanksgiving Update

Well school is in full swing and we are thankfully settled into a routine. This Thanksgiving we went to my Aunt and Uncles for dinner. Mom and Dad Devin and Erin, and S and R were also there. We had a wonderful day. I was snuggling with Marie on the couch as she slept and tears began to stream down my face. I was remembering sitting in the very same spot last year with a massive gapping hole in my heart. Last year at Thanksgiving, I knew that we were weeks away from a proposal but had been so long all ready I felt like it might still be years. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for my boys and my amazing husband, but I also knew that there was a little girl out there who needed me and who didn't even know I existed yet and if the truth is told, I needed her as well. So, this year when people came by and offered to hold her for a while, or suggested that I could lay her down in the other room, I just smiled and held on a little tighter to my sweet little bundle. Yep. This year I have lots to be thankful for.
Dinner was also very yummy!

No comments: